Nate has a bit of a temper. When he gets angry or frustrated, he has to let it out physically somehow. I already mentioned in my San Diego posts about how he pinched 2 different strangers on 2 different occasions and of course there was the biting incident. When he's angry, you can see him quickly look around for something to grab and throw or someone to grab and pinch. One time, he was stuck in his highchair without anything to throw and with no one in arms reach, so he pinched himself! Today, Wes was playing nicely with some toys when Nate came in wanting to wreak havoc. I don't let Wes take things from Nate when Nate is playing nicely, so I wasn't going to let Nate bother Wes. I tried to redirect him out the door or to another toy and he was not having it. Out of frustration, he went over to their play kitchen, picked up a couple pots and pans and threw them across the room, then proceeded to violently shake the kitchen back and forth. I took him out of the room. Soon, he returned to try and take Wes's toys again and when I tried to stop him he climbed on to Wes's back and head butted him! Then proceeded to whine and rub his head. Sorry kiddo...you did that one to yourself. Later that night the boys were rough housing on the bed and Nate head butted Wes again. When I grabbed him to get him off the bed he head butted me, then when I set him on the ground he reached over and head butted Nippett!
Sorry Daddy, but I have to blame this temper trait on you. Nate is the sweetest, funniest, cuddliest, most good natured boy you'll ever meet. Just don't make him angry, you won't like him when he's angry. Sounds just like his Daddy. Most people that know Chris can not imagine him ever having a temper, but a few of us have seen it and know it's there hiding behind the sweet, good natured, go with the flow guy that he is. I'm not too worried about Nate's temper. We will just have to keep an eye on it. I think it will get better as his vocabulary grows and he can express himself a little more effectively. He hasn't pinched anyone in a while, he has not bit anyone since the one incident and hopefully the throwing things and head butting will not last long either.
September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment