September 20, 2010

Boomerang Child?

This is the conversation that Wes initiated out of the blue in the car today.

Wes: "Mommy, where will I sleep when I am bigger?"

Me: "How much bigger?"

Wes: "When I am as old as Daddy."

Me: "Well, maybe you'll have your own house with your own wife and kids."

Wes: "No, I don't want to. I don't want to move away from you and Daddy."

Me: "That's ok, you can still live with us if you want to. Do you think you will still fit in your bed, it's pretty big? Do you think Daddy could fit in your bed?"

Wes: "No, Daddy would break my bed."

Me: "Well, we can get you a bigger bed then."

This seemed to satisfy him. Is it bad that I sort of wouldn't mind if he did live with us forever? Hm...I guess I do want grandchildren one day though. Good thing we have a lot of time to figure this stuff out.

No comments:

Post a Comment