September 3, 2010

I'm With the Band

Tonight we went to eat dinner with Grandma and Linde at one of our favorite restaurants that we don't get a chance to go to very often, Havana Cafe. The parking lot seemed really full when we got there, so we had Chris run in and make sure they didn't have a really long wait. He came out to tell us there was not a wait at all, but they had live music performing. We weren't sure how that was going to work out with the kids, but we decided to go for it. From the second we walked in, Wes was mesmerized. He couldn't believe there was a real band playing at the restaurant. Both he and Nate loved the music, watched the band the whole time and danced in their chairs. At one point they offered for anyone to come up and play with them. Wes jumped up, grabbed the maracas and went to work. He was very serious about his place in the band. He stood there shaking his maracas through the whole song, biting his lip in concentration. We could tell that by the end of the song the maracas were getting pretty heavy and he was getting tired, but he kept plugging along until the song was over. He immediately ran back to our table when the song was over and we all told him how great he did. He said, "I was getting tired, my hands are sweaty". Making music is hard work. Right before we were about to leave, they invited both boys up to play music with them again. Wes played the sticks and Nate helped with the bongos, a maraca and some dancing. It was so cute to see the boys up there having fun and showing no fear. They were both SO good through the entire dinner. I guess we'll have to find restaurants with live music more often. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me and my iPhone doesn't take very good pictures in the dark, so the picture above is the best I could get. I was able to lighten it in Photoshop a bit so you can make out Wes in the middle shaking his maracas. Now Wes says that his favorite bands are The Beatles...and these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment