September 26, 2010

Birthday Dinner

Uncle Chris's 30th birthday was a couple weeks ago and mine is next week, so Daddy thought it would be a good idea to have everyone over to dinner to celebrate. Everyone played pretty nicely with toys before dinner.

Of course, Nate and Jack had to have a little bit of an appetizer. When we sat down to eat, Wes and Jack sat at Wes and Nate's kid craft table for dinner. Lou Lou was bringing them things to their table like milk and their plates. She made a comment that she was acting like their waitress. Wes then said, "Jack lets pretend we're at a romantic restaurant and you are the girlfriend". Haha! Jack ate some food then got up to play and Wes kept yelling at him, "Hey girlfriend, get back here". Wes must not have been a very captivating date. His girlfriend kept running away from dinner. I can't wait until Jack is old enough to tell him, "No way dude...you be the girlfriend".

We then got to eat the yummy cake that Lizzy (with a little help from Jack) made for us. We stripped all boys of their jammie shirts and let them go to it. I gave Nate a really little piece because it was close to bedtime. He gobbled it up and then said, as clear as day, "I want more cake". Wow, he still surprises me when he comes out with these new words or complete sentences. I guess cake will really motivate you to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment