September 30, 2010
Making it Through the Weekend
I went for my weekly Doctor's appointment today and saw the nurse practitioner because my Doctor is out of town. I knew she would be out of town, but I wasn't really worried because as much as I'd like her to deliver my baby, I know that the Doctors really just come in at the end to catch. So, I was surprised when the NP mentioned that I probably wouldn't be able to have a VBAC if I went in to labor while my Doctor and her partner were out of town. Apparently, the hospital has a policy that your Doctor has to be present in the hospital for your entire labor if you are attempting a VBAC, I guess so that they can do the emergency c-section if necessary. She said that since my Doctor and her partner were out of town, it would be up to the on call Doctor and they probably wouldn't be willing to do that for me because I am not their patient. Yikes! I would really hate to have a c-section only because my Doctor is in Hawaii presenting a paper. I guess I'll hold off on my plans to walk this baby out until Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment