September 8, 2010

Brother or Sister?

When we first found out that I was pregnant and told Wes, we asked if he wanted a baby brother or sister. Immediately, he replied, brother. Then a couple weeks later, he told me that the baby is a girl and he hasn't changed his tune since. He REALLY wants a sister. I try to explain to him that we have no control over if the baby is a boy or a girl and we just have to wait to find out, but he is positive it's a girl. He has said, "We already have a brother, now we need a sister", "Jack and Patrick got sisters, now I need a sister". He also asked if she will come out of Mommy's belly with a bow on her head. Which is so darn cute. I think I'm going to buy a stick on bow, just in case it's a girl, for him to put on the baby's head. He has future Halloween costumes picked out for his "sister". He thinks that he and Nate should be knights and his "sister" should be a princess, or, he can be Mario, Nate can be Luigi and his "sister" can be Princess Peach. He also frequently stops to check out girl toys and says that we should get them for his "sister" for Christmas or her birthday. I think the toys is what this is really all about. I think he would like to have some girl toys around the house to check out and add some variety. Now, I think that this baby is a boy, so I'm trying to prepare him for that possibly. I think he will be fine once the baby is here, no matter the gender, and I really don't care either way but I do secretly hope for a little girl, only for Wes's sake.

Then there's Nate. He really is too little to REALLY understand what it means for us to be expecting another baby. If you ask him where the baby is, he will lift my shirt and kiss my belly, but I know he doesn't totally understand. So, when we were at the dentist, she asked him if he wanted a baby brother or a sister. "Sisser", he replied quickly. I was shocked and looked at the dentist and said, "I think he just said sister". "He DID just say sister", she replied. So now, no matter how you ask him, his reply is always "sisser". I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment