July 25, 2009

Big Surf

Summer in Arizona means Big Surf. I have so many great memories of my mom taking us to this water park as a kid and I couldn't wait to share it with Wes.
We weren't sure if Wes was maybe still to young to really enjoy the park. Big Surf had three different slides that Wes was tall enough to ride and a kiddie water play area, so we thought it was time to give it a try. We planned on heading over around 3pm which is normally Wes's nap time, so we explained to him that he would take his nap right after lunch and then we would head over to Big Surf. I had gotten a Big Surf brochure in the mail earlier in the week and Wes loves a good brochure, so I gave it to him to help get him excited for the day. Boy, he sure was excited! He finished eating his lunch and I turned to the sink to clean the dishes and when I turned around he was gone. He had run down the hall and got in to bed for nap!
We went with our friends Sean, Jen and Patrick and Jen's friend from college Jack. We started off at the smaller slides for kids and Wes happily zipped down them. Next, I took Wes on the bigger slide that he was still tall enough to ride. He was not allowed to sit in my lap in the tube, so we had to get a double tube and he sat in front, with me in the back. I plopped him down in the tube but the hole was quite big compared to his little body and it seemed he could just fall right out. He had a good grip on the rings and was very excited though, so off we went. Little did I know that the slide was pitch black and I would not be able to see if he was holding on all right. I kept asking him the whole way down if he was alright and was having fun. The answer to both of those questions was a resounding "yes"! He LOVED the slide and we zipped down it several more times.
The big boys wanted to ride the big slides, so we found the "kiddie pool" where we could let the kids play and take turns riding the slides. We all got plenty of rides in and had a fantastic time.

Thoroughly worn out from all the fun, we headed out to stuff ourselves all-you-can-eat pizza and went home full of food and good times. Can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment