June 2, 2009

Graduation!

So, this is the little curly blond haired boy that I used to drive around in my car as he would chatter and sing along with my cassette tapes. Being 13 years older than my little brother Michael, I really watched him grow up. I remember changing his diapers, I remember him running around the house with a bottle hanging out of his mouth. Boy, was he cute and smart! Well, he's continuing to grow in to a cute and smart young man. Michael had a tough first year of high school and quickly decided that regular public high school was not a place where he was going to succeed. Of course, I worried about how he would continue his education. Smart kid that he is, he found a school that suited his needs, the Ombudsman Charter School. Even though he missed some school work in the transition, he worked hard to graduate on time! He became a mentor and tutor to other students, and graduated as one of the top 2 students in his class! I can't even express how proud I am of him. He received the Presidential Award for Scholastic Achievement and even gave a speech at graduation. His speech was definitely the most comfortable of all the speeches given, he has a natural talent for public speaking. We were all so proud to be a part of the graduation celebration, and Wes and Nate were pretty good for the ceremony. After the graduation, we went to Michael's favorite restaurant, Red Lobster, to celebrate with the rest of his family. Congratulations Michael, keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment