April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

We started our Easter morning with a trip to church and came back to our house for breakfast. In the past we've always gone to a restaurant to eat breakfast because it is difficult to go to church, come home and cook a big breakfast and eat at a decent time. Going to a restaurant has become harder and harder with kids, because they just don't have the patience to wait out a big Easter morning crowd. So, we prepared an egg dish the night before, threw it in the oven after church along with some cinnamon rolls, added some fresh fruit and had a great meal.

Wes and Nate unloaded all their loot from their Easter baskets, including, books, underwear, stuffed animals, snacks, and of course candy. Then it was time for the egg hunt.

I think this was the first year in my life that I didn't participate in the egg hunt. Normally, there is a knock down, drag out hunt where Adam and I (and in the last 13 years, Chris) fight it out for a year's worth of bragging rights. Now that Wes is more interested in the hunt, we have officially turned it over to the kids.
Check out the victory in his eyes!

I got him to pause for 2 seconds so I could snap his picture in front of the roses.

Nate appeared to be sleeping the whole time, but I saw him peeking every once in a while. He was trying to commit the bunny's favorite hiding places to memory so that he can rule the egg hunt next year.
Doesn't he look just like his bunny, so soft and cuddly? He really loves to chew on that bunny's ears. Happy 1st Easter, bunny boy.

After a good nap, it was time to head over to Papa and Lou Lou's house for more family fun and egg hunts. Colin and Kylie sort of looked for eggs but mostly they helped Wes, such nice cousins! It looks like they are handing the egg hunt over to the little kids too. They are just doing it about 20 years earlier than my brother and I.

Look, Jack found some eggs with Gerber puffs in them. Happy 1st Easter to Jack too!


We also used this opportunity to celebrate a bunch of family spring birthdays. Colin is at the end of March, then Wes, Lizzy, Jack's 1st birthday and Grandma Honey are all in April. Everyone got a cupcake and Jack was super happy to get his first taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment