February 5, 2010
Geocaching
We were looking for some fun this morning, so I decided to give geocaching a try. I had read about this in a magazine when Wes was a baby and thought it would be fun to try when he was old enough. Basically, people hide little "caches" in different places and post the GPS coordinates and hints on finding them on the internet. The cache is usually a small box that has a log book inside and sometimes little trinkets. When you find it, you can take a trinket as long as you leave something and you sign the log book. Then you can go online, log your find and keep track of how many you have found and where. I found one within walking distance from our house, so we loaded up the stroller and headed out. I downloaded a geocaching app on my iPhone and Wes was able to follow the map as we walked along. After a little searching, we found our first geocache. Later that night we were out driving around with Grandma, Linde and Daddy and decided to try for another one near our house. We found our first 2 in the same day and are hooked. When the boys get older, we can even go on long hikes to find them. What a fun hobby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment