
Wes woke up this morning and said, "Mommy, I need to go for a run". He's seen me do this in the mornings at home during my triathlon training and Adam went on several runs while we were in San Diego, so I guess he thought this is what he should do. Unfortunately, Mommy is in no shape to "go for a run" at this point, so I told him he'd have to do it on the boardwalk right in front of our beach house. So, I sat on the porch and watched Wes "go for a run" back and forth in front of the beach house. Good thing too, because we had a big day of eating ahead of us.

By our 4th day in San Diego, Adam and Chris couldn't wait anymore. We HAD to go El Indio for lunch. Nate also pinched a stranger in line at El Indio because Adam wouldn't let him down to go where he wanted. Oops, I guess we'll have to figure that out. The food was great though.

Wes and Nate spent a lot of time in Grandma and Linde's room playing on this trip. Here, Nate not only got a hold of big brother Wes's tinker toys, but also his hat. He's just happy as a clam. Don't tell Wes.


Linde took Nate out to the sand to play a little bit.

Then it was time for all you can eat crab! Everyone was really looking forward to this, but for some reason I wasn't feeling it. I think the baby is crowding out my room to eat all I can eat.


Not eating all I could eat ended up being a good thing because the boys started to get antsy and cranky well before everyone had their fill of crab.

Once I finished my dinner, I took the boys and we took a sunset walk (or run, in their case) down the pier. They had a great time running up and down the pier and looking between the slats and over the rail at the water.

Nate followed Wesley's every move. Wes got down on his knees to look through a knot hole in the boards, so Nate did the same. Wes ran around in circles, so Nate did the same. Wes stood up on the railing, so Nate did the same. He wants to be just like his big brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment