August 31, 2009

Funny Preschool Story

The first day I picked Wes up from preschool, I asked him what he did. The first thing he said was, "We had a healthy snack". I asked him what he had for snack and he said doughnuts. Huh? The teacher said they had cupcakes for one of the kids birthdays, but I was pretty sure that Wes knew darn well what a cupcake was. I asked him if he had anything else for snack. "Yeah cheese, but I didn't like it". What? Wes not like cheese, something must be wrong here.

Several more school days went by and every day he told me what they had for snack. All of which were healthy snacks that I had seen listed on the snack calendar. Then today again, I asked Wes what he had for snack and he said doughnuts. Ok, I know they promote healthy eating at this school and they are not giving him doughnuts. There has to be an explanation. I figured I would go home and try and figure it out from the snack calendar. If I couldn't figure it out, I would have to ask the teacher, if only to satisfy my curiosity.

So....doughnuts? Bagels! That cheese he didn't like? Cream Cheese! It's so fun and cute to try and figure out his little preschool day.

No comments:

Post a Comment