
Oh my gosh! How did this happen? How did my little newborn baby boy become old enough to wear a backpack and go to preschool? He is such a big boy and is SO ready to go to school. He has been asking to go to school since he could talk, so we figured 3 years old is a perfect time to get acquainted with the classroom environment.

We took the prerequisite before school photos. In my rush to get out the door I freaked out a little when I realized that the location I chose to take this picture would be the location for all future 1st day of school photos in our family. Talk about pressure! I quickly decided on underneath the olive tree and am happy with my pick. Wes even wanted to get a picture with his brother but we were running late and he was already strapped into the car seat, so this is what we got.

Wes could not wait to get to school. He had picked himself out a new Cars backpack the night before. Grandma Dee Dee had gotten him a Cars lunch box for the days that he wanted to stay for lunch and Papa and Lou Lou had gotten him some cool, brand new school shoes.

He ran right in and hung his backpack on the hook like and old pro. I barely got him to stand still long enough for a picture and a hug. Then he was off to explore his new classroom. His teachers are Miss Jill and Miss Tina and he loves them. He didn't stay for lunch his first day, so I made him lunch in his new lunch box and we went straight from school to Grandma's house to have a picnic lunch on her living room floor. Wes thought this was great and Grandma thought it was great to hear about Wes's first day.

When Daddy got home from work that night, we met Papa, Lou Lou, Lizzy and Jack at Peter Piper Pizza ("Piter Pizza") for a a first day of school celebration dinner. What a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment