Nate is such a good boy, a good boy who loves to sleep and has since the day he entered this world. I worried about him a little at the beginning because he slept so much, I just didn't know that it was just his personality. He started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks (about 8 hours) and by 12 weeks he was sleeping 12 hours at night after being laid down wide awake to sleep without any real "bedtime routine" to speak of. I've always been able to just lay him in his crib wide awake at nap time too. He also rarely asks to get out of his crib. There's no yelling "Mama...Dada" or the screaming that Wes did for awhile. Eventually, you hear him singing and playing in there and know he's awake, or sometimes we just have to go get him because he's been in there so long.
Still, he even surprised me tonight. I read him a couple stories in the living room, told him it was time for bed and to go give Daddy and Wes a kiss. He started to toddle down the hall armed with jammies, nuk and monkey and I couldn't help but just watch and see what he would do. He toddled into our bedroom to give Daddy a kiss. Then he toddled into Wes's room, where I thought he would surely abandon the bed plan and start playing, but to my surprise he went straight up to Wes and gave him a kiss. Then he toddled across the hall, into his room, up to his crib and looked at me like, "are you going to put me in there or what?". If he would have been tall enough I'm sure he would have turned out the light and climbed in on his own. What a cute, funny kid! I can only hope the new baby likes to sleep half as much as he does.
June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment