June 29, 2010

Cravings

I've had a few strange cravings this pregnancy. At the very beginning all I wanted was sour candy and fruity slush drinks. That soon passed and was replaced by a deep need for potato chips with onion dip and sweet potato fries with honey mustard dipping sauce. One night we were headed to a BBQ restaurant we had been to several times before and I couldn't wait to eat the sweet potato fries. We got to the restaurant and it had gone out of business. I was devastated. I never did get my sweet potato fries that night, so I made sure to pick some up at the grocery store, so I would never have to go without again.

I also have been craving root beer floats and regular Coke or Pepsi (which I never usually drink). So, I got some caffeine free Coke to have for dessert sometimes and when the occasion presents itself I will get a fountain drink with mostly caffeine free Diet Coke and a splash of Coke on the top. One of the places I can get this is at Harkins when we see a movie, and let me tell you, Chris LOVES ordering this for me.

The only other craving I can really think of is ice cream, but I think that is more of a life craving and not just a pregnancy craving. Though, it certainly becomes more intense with pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment