June 22, 2010

Goodbye Old Car

We had found and purchased our brand new minivan to accommodate 3 kids and 3 car seats, so it was time to say goodbye to my good old Nissan. It was a great car, in great shape that had really low mileage, so I thought I could get much more selling it privately than trading it in.

I got it all cleaned up and posted it on Craigslist on Monday afternoon. Within an hour, I got 1 email and 3 phone calls about it. One of the ladies was able to come see it that evening, said she wanted it right away, and gave us a deposit. Unfortunately, the next morning we found out that her financing fell through. I called one of the other gentleman to let him know that the car was available again and he drove out to see it Tuesday evening. We were able to go to a title and registration place close to the house and the car was SOLD...for cash! A little over 24 hours after posting it on Craigslist we sold my car for $3200 more than the dealer wanted to give us as trade in. I call that a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment