
We had a free plane ticket that was going to expire soon, so I thought it would be fun to visit my friend Stephanie in Houston. It was the first time I had traveled away from Chris and the boys by myself. It was relaxing but also a little disturbingly quiet and I missed my guys a whole bunch. I had a great time visiting with Steph and Charles, just hanging out and seeing what life is like for them in Houston.

One of the days, we headed down to Galveston because I wanted to see the beach. Man, was it hot and humid. It was strange for me to be standing on the beach and not have cool ocean air washing over me, as I'm so familiar with in California beaches. We had fun walking along the beach though and stopping for ice cream.

Here, Charles is buying an ice cream bar from an ice cream man. One of the first days I was there, we were leaving the house and we heard a bell ringing. Charles decided he wanted an ice cream bar. He started driving down the street to find the ringing bell. I pictured an ice cream truck, so when we came upon this guy with a cart on a bike it struck me really funny. I had not seen one of these guys before and it was not at all what I expected. Charles couldn't believe I had not seen one of these guys in Phoenix, but that's not the kind of ice cream man we get in the suburbs.

The main thing I learned on my trip is that Houston is HUMID. I had never really appreciated the "dry heat" before, but coming home to 100+ degree temps didn't seem so bad. I tried to take this picture of Steph's cute house and it was so humid that my lens kept fogging up. The picture ends up looking like we were walking in a dense fog, when in reality it was a completely clear day, just really humid. I had a great time visiting with Steph and Charles though, and I can't thank them enough for their hospitality.
No comments:
Post a Comment