November 15, 2009

Orange You Glad?

Nate loves oranges! His favorites are the canned mandarin oranges. I have them in little fruit cups in the pantry because they are easy to throw in the diaper bag when we are on the run. If he sees that you have one before you are ready to dump the contents on the tray in front of him, he will whine and scream until you do. One day, Grandma was watching the boys and Nate crawled away from her. He's fast and by the time she caught up to him, he had pulled to standing in front of the pantry shelf, had got out one of the mandarin orange fruit cups and was trying to figure out how to open it. He has now done this exact thing about 10 times since. If the pantry door is open and Nate crawls away from you, you know exactly where he is headed.

He also loves the Cutie clementine oranges. One morning I had taken Wes to preschool and I sat Nate in his highchair with some Cheerios in hopes of getting a few quiet moments to eat my own breakfast. I started peeling myself some oranges and Nate started to freak out. I wasn't sure what his problem was at first, I thought he was just done being in the highchair, so I took him out of the highchair to let him roam around. He started to freak out more, I figured I wasn't going to get my few quiet moments, so I picked him up in hopes that I could at least wolf down my breakfast while holding him. I started to put a piece of orange in my mouth and Nate leaned over to get it in his mouth. Then it all came together, he was freaking out over the oranges! Back in his highchair he went with a few clementine oranges, and I got my few moments of quiet to eat my breakfast. Boy, this kid is easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment