November 29, 2009

Nate's 1st Birthday Party!

We decided to have Nate's 1st birthday party a little early, so it wouldn't get forgotten amongst all the other Christmas time festivities. We decided on a monkey theme because Nate has a monkey teether/rattle that has been his favorite since he was about 3 months old. We just couldn't resist this mod little monkey. We think he kind of looks like Nate, especially with his little top knot. I made a banner that had a picture of Nate from every month of the year.

I also made a big cake for all the guests with the mod monkey face and a little smash monkey cake, just for Nate. Chris helped by giving moral support and helping dye and cut fondant circles.

I ordered Nate a special birthday shirt with a monkey on the front and "Nate 1" on the back.

We rented a jungle bounce house for all of our little monkey friends. Nate got in the bounce house for a little bit, but mostly he wanted all his older friends to have fun.

Then, it was time for one of the best parts of a 1st birthday party...the cake! Nate was too funny with the cake. He got it in his mouth and held his hand in front of his mouth the whole time he chewed, like he was afraid someone was going to take this delicious stuff away from him.

Big brother Wes was nice enough to help Nate blow out his candle, since he hasn't learned to blow yet.

He may look like he's picking at the cake, but he had that whole thing devoured in no time flat!

Look at that face!!!

I showed a little video I made of all the pictures from Nate's first year. Sorry if I bored anyone, but I can't help it, I just love this little boy so much!

That's one little baby in one big pile of presents! What a lucky boy!

Mommy and Daddy took turns taking pictures and helping Nate open the ton of presents he received.


Then, all the kids helped Nate play with his new toys, as Linde, Grandma and Lou Lou tried their hardest to rip into all of the impossible packaging.

I can't even tell you how much we love this sweet, sweet boy. He's got such a nice, playful spirit and is really the BEST baby. I'm not sure they come any better than him.

Almost all of our family and friends were able to make it over to celebrate Nate's 1st year of life and it meant a lot to us.

We had a great party and the storm waited to start rolling in until party was wrapping up. It really was perfect timing. Nate was totally exhausted from all the fun and excitement and it was time for a nap! Happy Birthday Party baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment