December 17, 2010
Push the Button
You think I would have learned my lesson the first time...new car, new lessons, I guess. We had taken Wes to school and when I let Nate out of his seat, he wanted to sit in the driver seat and pretend to drive while I was putting one of the seats into the "stow and go". He had, very proudly, buckled himself into the driver seat and was "vroom, vroom" and "beep, beeping" along. I had put my key in my bag, in the car while I was adjusting the seat because I needed all my hands. I finished what I was doing, in the back, passenger side of the van. Then I pushed the button to close the sliding door on that side and walked around the front of the van to get Nate. In slow motion, I saw the sliding door shut as he simultaneously reached over and pushed the lock button! Now, my 2 year old was locked in the van, buckled in the front seat, while my 2 month old was still in her car seat in the back with my bag and my car key! MOTHER OF THE YEAR!! Visions of firefighters bashing in my window with an axe jumped through my head as I "calmly" tried to convince Nate to "PUSH THE BUTTON"! Any button. The door unlock button, the window down button, the seat belt button...any button. He just sat there laughing at me and having a great time playing driver. Luckily, this time it was winter and we were in our driveway, so I contemplated calling Daddy and waiting for him to come save the kids. It was almost time to feed Ellie though and while she was happy right then, I didn't know how long it would last. Just as I was about to call Daddy, it dawned on me that Chris doesn't carry all his keys with him every day and leaves the extras on his dresser! I raced into the house, actually saying out loud, "Please be there...please be there". Whew! The firefighters can go about their day saving lives and not having to bail me out...once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment