August 17, 2010

Two Little Fishies

I have 2 little fishies. Wes is a totally independent swimmer. Of course, he still requires supervision, but I don't even have to be in the pool with him anymore if I don't want to (which I always want to be in there anyways).

Nate THINKS he is a totally independent swimmer, so we have to watch him like a hawk, which makes it nice that Wes is so independent. Nate will just jump right in the pool, thinking he can swim all the way across to you the same as Wes can.

I am happy, however, that he has such a high comfort level in the pool because that is the first step to becoming an independent swimmer. I am also happy that we have a fence.

Nate and I were playing on a raft at a friends house and Nate slipped off the raft and under the water. He started to come up to float and I calmly went around the raft and helped him up all the way. Nate just smiled and splashed. A friend that was standing nearby at the time asked if he has had swim lessons, because he was so calm. I guess that's the difference between a baby who's had swim lessons and one who hasn't. Babies may not be able to swim, but they can feel calm and powerful in the water, which is the first step to becoming a strong swimmer.


Wes can jump in and swim the whole length of the pool and back. We can't wait for swim team next year.

We spent a lot of time in the pool this summer because Mommy is big and hot and it was so fun to see my little fishies enjoy and excel in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment