August 2, 2010

Payback's a B@#$%

This morning I heard the normal whining and fighting over toys coming from Wes's room. The problem is that Nate wants to be just like Wes, which means that Nate wants to play with all of Wes's toys. Now, Wes has plenty of toys to go around but somehow the exact toy that he wants to play with at this very second is the toy that Nate picked to play with. Nate has had toys taken from him always and he is now starting to fight back. I took my time getting to Wes's room to break up the squabble over the toy of the moment when I heard Wes shriek. I ran in to find out what happened and Wes informed me that Nate had bit him...hard. Wes seemed more shocked than upset. He hadn't broken the skin, more scratched it and Wes had a decent bruise for a week or so. Nate got his first time out. I'm not sure how effective it was, but I needed to let him know that biting is not ok. Now, if Wes starts harassing Nate I just have to warn him to be nice to his little brother or he might just get bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment