August 16, 2010

1st Day of School

Wow, it's already time for the 1st day of Pre-K. Wes was very excited to be going to Pre-K this year. I think that he thinks it sounds very grown up. His teachers this year are Miss Courtney and Miss Alicia and Wes was able to meet them briefly at orientation. I was working on orientation night, so Daddy took Wes, but after looking at the folder they sent home, I am very excited for him for this year. The teachers seem very organized and have some fun stuff planned.

I tried to get a picture of Nate with Wes before heading off to school like we did last year. Last year he was sitting in the baby car seat carrier, this year he was on the move and this is the best we got.

At orientation, Wes learned that they would have a class fish. Everyone was to think of a good name for the fish and on the first day they would put the names in a hat and pull out the name of the fish. The class fish was named Lizardy instead of Gerald like Wes suggested. I told him after the baby is born we can get a fish and name it Gerald. I thought Gerald was a great name for a fish and I asked Wes where he got it. "Online", he said. Now, we only rarely let Wes go "online" and only to play Disney and PBS games. I know for a fact that he certainly isn't savvy enough to Google "good names for a fish". Where does he get this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment