November 19, 2010
Benga??
Nate says this word..."benga", all the time...only when Grandma is around. We aren't sure what it means. I asked him to show me "benga" and he pointed in Grandma's general direction. Except, he calls Grandma, "Gamma". At first I thought it meant "Grandma's earring" because he is constantly pulling them out of her ears, but we weren't sure. Then, I was convinced it meant "Grandma's cane" because he always wants to play with it and Wes used to call it "Gunga Gunga", so sometimes Grandma still calls it this. Then last night I pointed to the cane and said, "Nate, what's that?". "Benga cane", he said. Then a couple minutes later he was trying to crawl under Grandma's legs and said, "Benga skirt". Hmm...maybe it's another name for Grandma? We still don't have it completely figured out and we may never. Just like Wesley's "goshiba" (which we ultimately just decided was a filler nonsense word), we may never know exactly what a "benga" is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment