Wes's class had a Mother's Day tea party today. Unfortunately today is a Wednesday, the ONE day of the week that I always work. The tea party was from about 9:30 to 10:30am, but one of the bad things about being a pharmacist is that I am stuck behind that counter from 9am to 9pm, no exceptions. I tried to see if several different pharmacists could come in for me for that hour and I would fill in for them another time, but no one was available. I also don't have any more vacation time left and can't take it off unpaid because I have to work a minimum number of hours to keep health insurance for me and the boys. Argh! I was pretty frustrated by this, but Grandma offered to go in my place and I feel very lucky that not only do we have Grandparents so close by that they can help with these things, but that Wesley loves his Grandma SO much that he would barely notice I was unable to make it.
I didn't think it was going to bother me to miss the tea party, as long as Wes was going to have someone there. Then I dropped him off in the morning and saw that they were starting to set up and got all teary eyed. I cried the whole way to work and even had to call my Mommy to tell her how sad I was. I know she understands. It's hard being a working Mommy sometimes, even when you only work part-time.
Grandma and Wes had a great time at the tea party. They had a snack and the kids sang a song for all the Moms (& Grandmas). They had also made a present for the Moms and Wes wanted Grandma to open it so she could see, but then close it back up again so he could give it to me later. Grandma also took video for me to see when I got home from work. Grandma said the Wes was telling everyone, "My Mommy tried and tried to get someone to work for her, but couldn't find anyone, so my Grandma came today". So cute.
When I got home from work, Wes was waiting up to say good night to me. He told me all about the tea party and went to his backpack to look for my present. He didn't remember that he had given it to Grandma to take home and she said she would bring it over the next day. We called Grandma to make sure she had it (he was very worried), and he burst out crying because he couldn't give it to me right away (maybe he did miss his Mommy at the tea party after all). Being the awesome Grandma that she is, she brought the present over right away. It was a frame with Wes's hand print and a poem about kids growing too quickly. I cried so hard I couldn't even read the poem out loud all the way through. I sure do love being a Mommy!
May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It was an honor to be able to get the chance to be at Wesley's class and celebrate Mother's Day with him. I didn't always get to go to those events when you guys where little, so it was wonderful to take your place. Great Day! Love Gramma
ReplyDelete