May 1, 2010

5K

Jen, like a crazy person, has decided to start running. She's been building up to a 5K, like I did when I first started training for triathlons. So, I decided to support her and run her first 5K race with her. I am now 17 weeks pregnant and starting to feel the weight of the baby. I had gone for some runs earlier in the week and one was great and the other was awful. I figured I would just do the best I could and I could always walk if necessary. Jen did great, she ran the whole thing and had a pretty good time. I did ok, I ran most of it but walked some and had an awful time compared to my triathlon 5K run times. Oh well, at least I was out running instead of sleeping. Jen's sister Sarah also joined us and she is a few weeks further along than I am and hadn't done much training, so she walked most of it. We all felt good that we completed the 5K...running or walking.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are keeping active, even though two little guys keep you tired, you're doing this for yourself, keep it up, it will keep you young. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete