December 18, 2009

Nater Tot Turns One!

When we found out that Nate was going to be our early Christmas surprise, I was so worried. I was worried about having to have a c-section, I was worried about him being 3 weeks early and his health, I was worried about taking the focus away from Wes on what was supposed to be his last Christmas as an only child and I was worried about not having everything ready and perfect for Nate when he came home from the hospital. How could I have ever known that Nate would be the most easy going kid that would make all my worries melt away?

Daddy got the day off from work, so we decided to go to the Children's Museum to play and celebrate Nate's birthday.

Wes had a great time showing Daddy all around the museum.

Nate even got in on the shopping cart action and pushed one of the shopping carts all around. Looks like someone will be starting to walk pretty soon.


While Wes rode some tricycles around, Mommy pushed Nate on some little push carts.

Later that night, we had our whole family over for Seasame Inn and cupcakes to celebrate Nate's for reals 1st birthday.

I can't believe Nate is 1 already. This year has gone by so fast and has been so fun. There are always challenges trying to adjust to having 2 kids to take care of, but I really couldn't ask for a better little boy than Nate. He basically slept the first 3 weeks of his life. I think he was a little offended that the doctors took him out of his nice warm bed a few weeks early. Then he started to get more interactive and smiley and has been a barrel of fun ever since.

He's a totally sweet and snuggly (our friend Alisa has even nicknamed him, Snuggly) boy who loves his brother and dogs. He has always been the BEST sleeper. I really don't think people believe me when I tell them that he has been sleeping through the night from 6 weeks old (never waking up in the middle of the night, not even once) and has been going to sleep completely on his own since 12 weeks. We give him a kiss, lay him in his crib, pat his belly, say night-night and we don't hear from him until the morning. He also rarely cries, and has always been this way. Nate is just a super happy, easy going kid.

Nate likes food of all kinds (especially oranges), his Mommy (he's a Mama's boy), feeling hair, having his belly kissed, his brother's toys (especially the train table), emptying all the cabinets and drawers he can get his hands on, splashing in the dog water, books (Pat the Bunny is his favorite), roaming free around the house and getting a hold of the remote control or an iPhone.

Nate dislikes waiting to be fed, being tired and not in his crib, being confined and having things taken away from him.

Nate tries out his present from Mommy, Daddy and Wes with a little bareback riding.

We love you so much our sweet, sweet boy. You bring joy and happiness to our lives everyday and we couldn't imagine life without you. We look so forward to watching you grow, learn and change in the coming years. Happy 1st Birthday Nater Tot!

1 comment:

  1. Such a big boy, Happy Birthday Nate, I'm so excited to watch you grow into a big boy! Love Gramma DD

    ReplyDelete