March 29, 2009

Wes's 3rd Birthday Party

I can't believe that Wes is turning 3! He is getting to be such a big boy. Especially, ever since Nate was born he just seems so grown up and such a big helper. Wes loves animals, so we decided to have a petting zoo come to the house and have a farm themed 3rd birthday party.

The kids couldn't wait to get their hands on those animals, they were so cute.

The petting zoo came from a little farm nearby. They brought full grown goats, young goats (3 months old), brand new baby goats (2 weeks old), bunnies, fuzzy looking chickens, pigs, a sheep, and a donkey.
The kids were allowed to pet, brush and hold the animals in their lap. It was really neat and I think all the kids had a great time.

While they weren't taking their turn with the animals, there was Pin the Tail on the Donkey to play, snacks to eat and lots of running around to do in the backyard.



I worked really hard to make the sheep, pig and cow cakes to go along with the theme and I think they turned out pretty good. I'm not much of a baker but I am determined to decorate a cake each year for each of my boys birthdays, so far so good.

While everyone was eating cake, Wes opened his presents. He got a ton of nice clothes and toys that he has lots of fun playing with. Papa even got him a special Ping putter cut down to his size. Now, Wes and Papa practice their putt in Papa's backyard and Wes even has his own ball marked with at "W".
It was a very fun party and I'm glad everyone came over to help us celebrate our big boy's 3rd birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Wes-We had so much fun celebrating your 3rd Birthday! Thanks for inviting us... and thanks for sharing that yummy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday! You are such a big boy and we had a great time watching you with all your friends. You sure have a special mommy that makes all those nice cakes, and a nice daddy who helps set up such a nice party. Your a lucky boy! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete