March 30, 2009
1st Time Flying a Kite
Wes had gotten a kite as a prize at the library for reading books and was anxious to fly it. I told him we had to wait for a windy day. Well sure enough, the first windy day we had, Wes was sure to tell me that it was time to fly the kite. I wish I had pictures of the moment, but that would have been impossible. I had Nate on my chest in the sling and I was running around the cul-de-sac getting the kite in the air. Somehow, I don't think I could have managed my camera too. I got the kite up for Wes and let him fly it the rest of the time. He had so much fun and we can't wait to fly a kite on the beach this summer. While we were flying the kite, my mom pulled in the driveway to pick us up for lunch. Wes started walking back home and took the kite with him. We have two giant olive trees in our front yard and there was no way the kite wasn't going to get stuck. I tried pulling on the string gently to get the kite out of the tree but it wouldn't budge. My mom decided to throw her cane at the kite to dislodge it from the branches. Her cane got stuck in the tree and the kite fell to the ground! It was pretty funny. We got the cane down and went to lunch. Wes certainly had the full kite flying experience for his first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment