
Wes has been sleeping in his big boy room, very successfully, since October. I wrote a bit about this on our old website, but I never got around to posting pictures. So, without further ado, the big boy room. Daddy and Papa painted the room while I was at work one weekend and Wes still talks about it. Every once in a while he will say, "Do you remember when Daddy and Papa painted my room for me? That was soooo nice.".

I was in charge of all the shopping, shopping and shopping...with help from Grandma Dee Dee. I decided to go with a transportation theme because Wes can't decide if he likes cars or trains more. I also wanted it to be kind of neutral so that it can be easily changed if he decides in a couple years that he MUST have a dinosaur room.

My mom and I found the furniture at Costco Home. I looked all over for the right furniture and am really happy with what we ended up with. I hope it will grow with him and be his furniture until he goes off to college. We decided on a full sized bed for this reason and the bed we found is great because it has a ton of storage and even has a trundle that pulls out for future sleep overs.

I pieced together the accessories (which really are what makes it a transportation theme) from all over. I found things at Target, Marshalls, Holland Boone and a couple different online stores. I spent countless hours scouring stores and online for just the right things...that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I think it turned out just right and Wes seems to love it.
Wesley, such a nice room, it was so nice of daddy and PaPa to paint it such nice colors, what a nice bed to sleep in at nap and bedtime. You're a lucky boy. Love Gramma Dee
ReplyDelete