February 17, 2009

Story Time

We have been taking advantage of my maternity leave and walking up to the library on Tuesdays for story time. Every week they feature a different letter and talk about words that start with that letter and read books about things that start with that letter. There's singing and dancing and at the end every kid gets a construction paper cutout of the letter of the day and a coloring sheet featuring something that starts with the letter.

On this particular Tuesday the letter of the day was U. They showed the kids pictures of an umbrella, a unicorn and an umpire. They also gave Wes a coloring page with a unicorn on it. He asked me a couple times what it was because he had never seen a unicorn before. There aren't too many unicorns featured in little boy books. That night we were telling Daddy what we did that day. I asked Wes what letter we learned about and he told Daddy, "U". I asked him to name some things that start with U and he told Daddy, "umbrella". I then asked him what was pictured on his coloring page. He looked at it, thought really hard for a couple seconds and exclaimed, "Horse-a-corn"! I thought this was really cute and smart. When in doubt, come up with a logical answer and state it as if you know what you're talking about. That's what Daddy does.

No comments:

Post a Comment