
It's pumpkin patch time again! This year we headed back over to Tolmachoff Farm, the same farm we went to for Wes's very 1st pumpkin patch. Now it was time for Nate's very 1st pumpkin patch. We like this farm because it isn't too far away, it's smaller and easier to get around, it has lots of stuff geared towards littler kids, and it's less expensive. We loaded up the wagon with some boys and water, and off to the farm we went.

We met all of our friends there, and I mean ALL of our friends. Luckily, almost everyone was able to make it out this year and it was sure to be a fun day.

Jack was not too happy with the corn box, and Nate only wanted to eat it. I had to snap a picture, then quickly get all of the corn out of Nate's mouth, snap a picture, sweep for corn, repeat.

All of the kids rode the "train" (a bunch of oil cans on wheels, pulled by a tractor) and loved it.

Even Rob and pregnant Lizzy got in on the action, lucky them!

Ah, the corn maze. So, this is when everything took a turn for the worse. A thirty minute corn maze with 15 people to keep track of and a bunch of tired kids? What could go wrong?

See? Wes looks happy. This is not how most will remember him this day. It started out fun. The kids were running around, Chris was pulling Nate and Cate in the wagon, we were searching for the hidden mailboxes to build the puzzle for the map. The next thing we knew, everyone was hot and tired, Chris took a corner too close and accidentally dumped Nate and Cate out of the wagon, Wes started to freak out because everyone wouldn't stop and wait for him to tape the puzzle pieces on the puzzle and full blown tantrum mode kicked in. GET ME OUT OF THIS CORN MAZE!!

We got Wes calmed down, sort of, and tried to head over to the pumpkin patch to get a couple pictures of Wes, Nate and Jack with the pumpkins. Note to self...take cute pictures of the kids BEFORE they are hot, sweaty and cranky. Here's a couple of my lil' punkin with some punkins.

At least we got all three cousins in the same frame. Believe me, at this point it was a miracle.

We did manage to get a group shot with everyone. Good thing this picture doesn't have sound, because Wes was screaming his head off, but I held on tight and smiled. We were going to get the group shot, darn it.

I then had to promptly carry Wes, literally kicking and screaming, to the car. It was not a pretty sight. He has really only thrown an all out, super angry, fit like this one or two other times and I really wish I knew what caused it so I could prevent another one, ever. I think it was just a bad combination of too much stimulation, not enough food (I realized when we got home that his breakfast was sitting on the table uneaten), and being hot and tired. I was pretty upset at this point too, because I was embarrassed and bummed that our fun day had ended on such a sour note. We didn't even get to pick out our pumpkins. Chris and I managed to get Wes calmed down enough that we thought it would be safe to join everyone for lunch. When we got to lunch, Wes told Suzanne that he ruined his Mommy's day. Kind of sad, but I do think it is good for him to know that his actions affect others. Overall, it was a fun day. Sometimes it's just hard to see that when you are carrying a Tasmanian Devil to the car. Thanks for the fun everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment