October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Grandma and Linde came over with their pumpkins, tools, and stencils and we got to carving our pumkins. Wes dug through Grandma's bag of stencils and found a really cool (and really hard) Lightning McQueen that he wanted me to carve for him. I tried to convince him that he really wanted a pumpkin with 2 eyes a nose and mouth, but it didn't work. So I set to work carving Lightning and hoping that after all my hard work, you would sort of be able to tell what it was supposed to be.
Grandma made a very creative mummy pumpkin with a white pumpkin, gauze and eyeballs. Wes helped Grandma carve her second pumpkin and did a pretty good job. Good thing, because in a couple years I'm going to put him in charge of carving the really hard stencils.

Linde made a very creative, and easy, pumpkin with spider webs and spiders.

Here is my labor of love! I'm just glad that, after all of my hand breaking work, it actually looks like Lightning McQeen.

No comments:

Post a Comment