January 30, 2009

Sleeps Through the Night

Maybe this is my most favorite milestone. Nate decided to start sleeping 8 hours at night now that he is the ripe old age of 6 weeks old! When he first came home from the hospital he was not growing as fast as his pediatrician wanted him to. So, I had to wake him up to feed every 3 hours around the clock. This meant that I only got 2 hour stretches of sleep at night with no rest during the day (with a 2 year old to run after) for about the first 2 weeks. By the end of it I started to feel like a total zombie. I had never experienced this with Wes because he was such a big baby that I didn't have to worry about his growth and he came home from the hospital sleeping 5 hours at a time. Luckily, after the first 2 weeks Nate started growing at a normal pace and I could let him wake up on his own to feed and he was nice enough to go for 5 hours stretches at night also. Then at 6 weeks old, I guess he felt like he needed to make it up to me and started sleeping for 8 hours at night. What a good baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment