
This was the first Christmas Eve since I graduated from pharmacy school, 8 years ago, that I didn't have to work on Christmas Eve during the day. I enjoyed being home all day with Wes as the excitement was building, but with a brand new baby it was still a little hectic around our house.


My favorite present, of course, was my sweet, sweet baby boy. He spent most of Christmas sleeping, but I just loved holding him and staring at him. Through my whole pregnancy, I kept checking out "Baby's 1st Christmas" gear and then stopping myself to remember that the baby's 1st Christmas wouldn't be until next year. Oops. Friends and family were nice enough to find some cute "Baby's 1st Christmas" things for Nate while we were in the hospital, so he was all decked out for Christmas.

On Christmas morning, Wes got up and ran to the Christmas tree only to find a huge wrapped present from Santa. He opened the present, and low and behold, a train table just like he asked Santa for. Oh yeah, he also got that baby brother he asked for. Not expecting Nate to make a Christmas appearance, we hadn't gotten him any gifts. So, a couple days before Christmas we made a trip to a book store and Wes picked out a couple interesting looking Sandra Boynton books. This is a picture of Wes helping him open them.


Wes spent the morning playing with his train table and other toys. Then we got ready to head over to Papa and Lou Lou's for more Christmas fun. 

Not only was it Nate's 1st Christmas, but it was also Jack's 1st Christmas. Though, Jack was a little more in to it than Nate was. At least he enjoyed trying to open the presents. We had a nice breakfast with Papa, Lou l.ou, Chris, Liz, Jack and Papa Mickey. Then we let the boys open their presents,. Wes, again, was a one man wrecking crew when it came to opening presents but Lou Lou was able to distract him with his favorite Cars racing set while we opened our presents.


We had a nice relaxing morning with everyone and then headed over to Susie and Pete's house for the large family gathering, dinner and gift exchange. We had a really great time and Nate got to meet all of his new family. For some reason I didn't get any pictures, I think I was a little tired by then and never got the camera out. It was a really wet and rainy Christmas day and at some point in the afternoon a beautiful rainbow came out. What a great Christmas!



No comments:
Post a Comment