I was getting pretty stir crazy in the hospital. Being a week before Christmas, I was pretty eager to get home and finish preparing for the holiday. I also wanted to be home with Wes and Chris. The first night in the hospital is always fun but the second night for me both times was a little lonely. Chris was not able to stay with me the second night the first time because of school and the second time because of Wes. Because I had a c-section they would let me stay in the hospital for 4 days and would not release me any sooner than 48 hours. The nurses gave me a check list of things I needed to get done before I would be allowed to be discharged. I was very motivated to get these things checked off before the 48 hours was up, so that I could go home. I also felt really good. I was really worried about the recovery with a c-section, especially with a 2 year old to take care of at home. Luckily, I can say that I didn't feel that much worse than I did after Wes's delivery. I was careful not to lift anything and was a little slow walking around but I was able to do most anything I wanted. Right after I had him, I was sitting up in the hospital bed having a great time chatting with everyone and nurse told me I really shouldn't be so chipper, but I felt really good. On Saturday, I waited and waited for the doctor to make her rounds but she didn't show up until the late afternoon. I was getting worried that they had forgotten me and I would have to stay another day. After assuring the doctor that I really did want to go home and did not want to stay the extra 2 days, she discharged me. Time for the going home outfit!


Mom and Linde helped us pack everything up and I got wheeled downstairs carrying my bundle of joy. We packed both kids up in the car and we headed home with our new family of four.

When we got home I carried Nate around and showed him all of the highlights. I showed him his nursery and Wes couldn't wait to show Nate his big boy room. We showed him the Christmas tree and he got to meet Nippett and Shake. Nippett and Shake looked at us like, "What the heck...another one?" but they love him now as much as they love Wes.
Mom and Linde followed us back to our house and we decided to celebrate Nate's homecoming with our favorite Chinese food, Sesame Inn. Gramma Lou Lou, Papa and Mike also came over and it was fun having dinner in my own house with our families.

Here is Nate's first story, read by Gramma Dee Dee to Wes and Nate. He actually looks kind of interested. Welcome home baby Nate!
No comments:
Post a Comment