
It is Lizzy's first week home with 2 kids. She has had family helping her all week and we were waiting for our chance to pitch it (actually, we really wanted to hold Lucy). By the time we got there on Friday, it was evident that Liz needed very little help and already had this 2 kid thing down. So, we decided to load all the kids up and head to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. This was Liz's first time getting both kids in and out of the car by herself. I was able to offer very little help, as I was wrestling my own munchkins out of the car. I think we were a sight to see with these 4 stair step kids, but we did it. We got all 4 kids safely from the car to the restaurant and back. Wes tried to be a big helper and helped hold Jack's hand in the parking lot. He also tried to go after Jack and bring him to us when Jack ran off in the restaurant, that didn't work so well, so Liz took over. It's the thought that counts though, he's such a good big brother and cousin.
If I made it look easy- it's only because I learn from the best. Thank God you had your children first... so I can sit back and observe how to do it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the company that day. Wow- I can't believe it's almost 6 months ago. Where did the time go?